The Physical Education (PE) curriculum at Robinsfield is centred around, games, gymnastics, dance and swimming in Year 2. PE is an integral part of our children’s schooling, all children participate in a minimum of two hours a week and we consistently endeavour to make this time an enjoyable, engaging experience for all pupils.
The PE program at Robinsfield teaches children to:
- use running, jumping, throwing and catching in isolation and in combination.
- Start to play competitive games, modified where appropriate and apply basic principles suitable for attacking and defending.
- develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance [for example, through athletics and gymnastics].
- perform dances using a range of movement patterns.
- take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges both individually and within a team.
- compare their performances with previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best.