At Robinsfield our vision is to give children a Science curriculum which enables them to explore and discover the world around them. To achieve this we encourage curiosity and questioning through exciting, hands on experiences.
We believe Science is good when:
- it is enquiry based
- it is child led and children discover for themselves
- it is open-ended
- children enjoy themselves
- children are curious and ask questions
Your child will learn Working Scientifically skills and will investigate the areas below through different enquiry types throughout the year. Read the latest newsletter or speak to your child's class teacher for more information.
In science your children will learn about the following topics:
- Plants (basic structure)
- Animals including humans (basic knowledge of parts of human body and comparing animals)
- Everyday materials (describing properties)
- Seasonal changes
- Plants (what plants need to grow)
- Animals including humans (needs for survival, food and hygiene)
- Use of everyday materials (explore and compare materials for uses)
- Living things and their habitats (explore variety of habitats, simple food chains).